St Georges House
About The Florida Group
Based in Norwich, The Florida Group is a private limited company that specialises in manufacturing and retailing high quality ladies’ branded footwear, predominantly under the Van Dal brand.
Established in 1936 the company manufactures nearly 500,000 shoes per year, of which around 20% are made in its factory in the UK. With its 80 staff the group is the UK’s last remaining, large scale, traditional ladies shoe manufacture, and the only company to survive in a city which was once the shoe-making centre for ladies and children’s shoes. Norwich once boasted 30 factories producing over 7million pairs each year.
Alongside Van Dal brand the company also represents major European brands as the distributor for Marc Shoes and agent for Pikolinos in both the UK and Ireland.
- With 75 years making shoes we are one of the UKs most respected shoe manufacturers.
- We design, develop and manufacture here in the UK.
- We also have years of experience sourcing from factories around the world.
- Our team works with 350 UK retailers, from largest multiples to small independents.
- And we also have our own retail operation with over 50 concession and shop partners.
- Our management team boasts experience from many of the worlds leading footwear brands.
- And our production staff average over 20 years shoe making experience.
Individual designs, unique heritage and the ability to deliver.