The Covid-19 situation has been a daunting and worrying time for all businesses and we are here to make sure footwear industry members have a forum in which to air concerns and feel fully supported during such uncharted business times.
Below we have collated a comprehensive list of resources to aid you and your business during this time.
Travel advice: coronavirus (COVID-19)
Guidance for British people travelling overseas during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, if they are legally permitted to travel internationally.
Movement of Goods
What you will need to make your claim:
- a Government Gateway (GG) ID and password – if you don’t already have a GG account, you can apply for one online, or by going to GOV.UK and searching for ‘HMRC services: sign in or register’
- be enrolled for PAYE online – if you aren’t registered yet, you can do so now, or by going to GOV.UK and searching for ‘PAYE Online for employers’
- the following information for each furloughed employee you will be claiming for: Name, National Insurance number, Claim period and claim amount, PAYE/employee number (optional).
- if you have fewer than 100 furloughed staff – you will need to input information directly into the system for each employee. If you have 100 or more furloughed staff – you will need to upload a file with information for each employee; HMRC will accept the following file types: .xls .xlsx .csv .ods.
Find examples to help you calculate your employees’ wages
Including an example of how to calculate the amount you should claim for an employee who is flexibly furloughed here.
Changes to working time requirements for Enterprise Management Incentives
Individuals who are furloughed or who have their working hours reduced below the current statutory working time requirement for EMI (as a result of CoronaVirus) will retain the tax advantages of the scheme.
The Business Support website will help you find the right support, advice and information to help with the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on your business.
Expanded loan scheme for large businesses – accredited lenders listed on the British Business Bank website.
Business support outside of Government
Financial Support Schemes
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme – for small and medium businesses
- Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme – for large businesses
- Business support grant funding – guidance for local authorities
- Coronavirus Bounce Back Loan
- Future Fund – Scheme Overview
Moving your business from the physical to the digital – Advise from the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC)
Companies House temporary online service to allow completed forms to be sent digitally – About the Upload a document to Companies House service.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): taxis and PHVs
Actions that drivers, operators and owners of taxis or private hire vehicles (PHVs) can take to protect against coronavirus.
- Apply for a Kickstart Scheme grant: 30 or more job placements
- Apply for a Kickstart Scheme grant: 29 or less job placements
- How to help prevent spread of COVID-19
- What to do if someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has been in a workplace setting
- Advice to give to individuals who have travelled to specific areas
- Advice for the certification of absence from work resulting from COVID19
- Working safely
- Furlough and pay
- Furlough letter templates
- Working from home during coronavirus
- Shielding and vulnerable people
- Sick pay for self-isolation
- Holiday and leave
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Mental health
Making your workplace COVID-secure during the coronavirus pandemic
Practical measures to keep your workplace safe, including:
- An increase in the frequency of surface cleaning and hand washing (provision of hand sanitiser.)
- Staff should make every attempt to maintain the 2 metre distancing from other colleagues and customers; however where you are not able to do this make sure measures are in place to reduce transmission.
- Use screens where possible
- Reduce the number of people operating at one time (introduce shift working)
- Limit the number of customers in a store at one time
- Take steps where possible to avoid handling of products.
Guidance on ensuring employee’s safety in the workplace during coronavirus (COVID-19), for:
- Shops running a pick-up or delivery service
- Manufacturing and processing businesses
- Cargo-shipping or other long-term offshore work
- Shops and branches
- Factories, plants and warehouses
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Online learning platform: The Skills Toolkit – aimed at boosting the nation’s digital or numeracy skills whilst in lock-down.
Ask the Government
Ask a minister a question about coronavirus
Submit a question about coronavirus (COVID-19) to be put to a minister. If your question is chosen, the minister will answer it during an event broadcast to the public.