The BFA supports the UK footwear Industry to help members develop the skills to succeed now and in the future.
Through our partners, we are able to offer a wide scope of up-to-date and beneficial footwear-centric courses, dedicated in providing the vital training members may require .
From a basic shoe making or fitting course with chemical experts and our technical partner, Satra to leather training at BLC Eurofins, the BFA will find the course to suit your needs – keeping you equipped with the skills to stay competitive in an ever-changing global footwear market.
Training Courses from Carréducker
Online Handsewn Shoe Making
- The definitive guide to handsewn shoe making, we’re bringing our 30+ combined years of handsewn shoe making and teaching experience online in a series of six films taking the viewer through every one of the 200+ steps of the handsewn craft and much, much more – Module 1: Preparation, Module 2: Lasting, Module 3: Welting, Module 4: Soling, Module 5: Heel Building, Module 6: Finishing
- £85 per module / £450 for the series
- Zoom support for £30 per hour
Face-to-face Handsewn Shoe Making
- Evening classes for students who want to learn to make their own shoes (it usually takes three terms of 10 weeks to complete a pair of shoes) in N1 and TW10; working with the materials and tools we use to make our bespoke shoes including Bakers of Colyton leather and calf uppers.
- One day hand lasting classes and five day hand lasting / hand welting classes by arrangement; working with the materials and tools we use to make our bespoke shoes including Bakers of Colyton leather and calf uppers.
- Tailored handsewn shoe making training for practising shoemakers, by arrangement.
- Pattern making for bespoke shoes tailored to suit, from a one-day top-up to five days intensive; one-to-one or for up to three students in SW London.