Mobile robots conquering shoe warehouses – it’s time to learn how they support footwear retailers, brands and 3PL’s to cope with order picking of shoe boxes in times of volatile demand and skyrocketing online business.
German robotics company Magazino have partnered up with the BFA, and is excited to launch a UK roadshow which will bring the mobile robot, TORU, right into the warehouse of interested companies. In this webinar you have the chance to discuss with us:
- The challenges of automating the logistics of footwear
- Why and how the fashion platform Zalando uses picking robots (case-study)
- Costs and benefits of running a robot fleet
- Q&A – Ask questions directly to Zalando or Magazino
Lucy Reece Raybould, CEO, British Footwear Association
14.05: Case-study showcasing Magazino robots in the Zalando warehouse (Lahr, Germany)
Bruno Ramos Caballer, Team Lead Logistics Innovation, Zalando SE
14.10: Panel Discussion
Frederik Brantner, CEO & Founder, Magazino & Bruno Ramos Caballer, Team Lead Logistics Innovation, Zalando SE
Frederik and Bruno will cover the following discussion points:
- Why are shoes special in regards to warehousing and picking?
- What are the relevant factors you should consider with regards to automation?
- Full automation vs semi-automated systems (e.g. AGVs), what makes more sense?
- Reasons why you believe in the autonomous picking solution of Magazino
Frederik Brantner, CEO & Founder, Magazino
Since the start in 2014, he grew the robotics company to the largest team in perception-driven robotics in Europe with currently more than 100 employees. Magazino is one of the first companies that brought mobile picking robots into live operations at several customer sites. Magazino raised over USD 50 million VC in total and its investors include Jungheinrich AG, Körber Group, Zalando SE, Henderson and FIEGE Logistics.
Bruno Ramos Caballer, Logistics Innovation lead, Zalando SE
Has spent the last 5 years working at Zalando SE. He has more than 10 years of experience in project management and automation. He studied Industrial Engineering at the Polytechnic University of Valencia; he is also a music lover and amateur actor.