The British Footwear industry is a broad church of companies. From Northampton’s finest makers to designers, brand owners and specialist services. BFA exists to promote and support all on issues of pan industry relevance; international trade, training and national and international representation. As a full member, you will receive the portfolio of membership services listed below and one to one advice and support from our team.
- Access to the website’s members area
- Members monthly newsletter to key team
- A page in the website’s Showcase
- Invitation to the members annual meeting
- Access to the BFA team and the UK footwear network supplying help, direction, and advice on all footwear business matters. If we do not know the answer, we will know someone who does!?
- BFA Press facilitation UK and Internationally
- Exhibition Booking. BFA can help you secure the best locations at all the key footwear events around the world
- Assistance with DTI and Tap Grant funding
- BFA lobbying activity on footwear business issues inc. footwear working groups and facilitating contact with HMG DIT, HMRC, DexEU, and BEIS on export and industry strategy and issues.
- For Manufacturers; BFA is the industry lead on National Conference Agreement (NCA) and the Footwear Industry Joint Consultative Committee (FIJCC) Negotiating Pay, Employee Support Initiatives and Working Conditions for footwear sector with the Community Union.
- Representing the UK Footwear as a committee member of Footwear Leather and Textiles Health and Safety Committee (FLT-H&S) – advising on sector relevant policy.
- Representing the UK Footwear Sector on all training and relevant business matters at UK and European level.
- Group Shipping scheme thorough UPS and DHL (B2B and B2C) offering savings on domestic parcels services, airfreight imports and air and road export costs.
- BFA Utilities group purchase scheme – savings on electric and gas for commercial property, product and public liability, staff insurance policies.
- Freight forwarding and warehousing access to expert footwear handling and pick pack specialists
- Foreign currency risk management
- Exhibition stand building services
- Legal and business/ agency/ distributor contract advice.
- IP Health check and ongoing advice – domestic and international markets
- UK and international Brand and Logo registration
- Credit management and business reports.
- Import and Export Duty advice
- Product rectification and reworking specialist
- Footwear ‘ round table’ events
- Government and cross sector meetings
- Meetings on industry matters with CEO and senior team
- Start-ups – £300.00
Those with a turnover of £85k-500K per annum
- Micro Enterprises – £500
Those with a turnover of £500K-1m per annum
- Small Business – £850
Those with a turnover of £1m-5m per annum
- Medium Business -£1,550 per annum
Those with a turnover of £5m-15m per annum
- Large Business – £2,750
Those with a turnover of £15m-30m – £2750 per annum
- V. Large Business – £3,750
Those with a turnover of £30m-100m per annum
- Corporate Business – £4,500
Those with a turnover of £100m+ per annum
*Company membership extra charge for additional brands within the members showcase
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on how to join.